Say bye bye to the baby years and hello to a toddler. An award winning tantrum throwing tiny person who you want to run away from and cuddle simultaneously. Every day is a new adventure when you’re the parent of a toddler. They can be sweet blessings one minute and a total nightmare the next.
You know you have a toddler when
1. Always make sure you have a variety of snacks with you at all times.
2. It’s a special moment when you can go to the bathroom by yourself.
3. You become an interpreter because no one else knows that po po means pillow.
4. Always a collection of things underneath the couch and cushions. Crumbs, crayons, and unidentifiable objects.
5. Every room in the house has at least one toy, book or stuffed animal.
6. You clean up a mess in one room and it magically appears in another room.
7. You’ve read Goodnight Moon a million times.
8. By the time you get the laundry folded and put away it’s time to do it all over again.
9. When you are handed a toy phone you better answer it.
10. When you realize your child just bites off the heads of the animal crackers and puts the rest of the animal back in the bag.
11. Your pets tolerate poking, prodding, and being covered by blankets and stuffed animals.
12. You have to come up with an excuse for the sudden disappearance of an annoying toy.
13. You have memorized the theme songs to all of their favorite TV shows.
14. You have to sneak out of their room once you get them to sleep like a prisoner escaping jail.
15. There’s no better feeling than their hugs, kisses, and I love yous.